Tuesday, October 14, 2008



his new album has been credited with sticking with the same old thing: soft-spoken vocals and delicate strums with the occasional rocker or two. and i can't lie. it does just that. but honestly, i could care less. ray's voice makes up for anything ever lost in his recordings. i'd like to see him do a few more rockers, but aside from that, my critiques are few and far between. with that said, this album makes my ears burn. makes me yearn. for what? i know not, but sir lamontagne delivers. i'll include two of my favorites. listen for the sex sounds in "henry..."


1 comment:

EJW said...

hey there,

this is erin warde. i met you at russell's? you may or may not remember me. i saw you had a blogspot -- i'm a huge fan of blogging. (yeah, i'm a nerd.)

ray lamontagne is my heart. your autumn mix is pretty amazing, because i lovelovelove iron&wine, amos lee, josh ritter, bon iver, and fleet foxes.

way to go, with your good taste.

take care and see you around sometime!

blessings,
erin